Notice of Race
Your Content Goes Here
FJ Europeans 2020 july 18th - july 26th
The 2020 International FJ European Championship will be held from July 20th to July 26th 2020 in Monnickendam, The Netherlands.
The organizing authority is the WSV Monnickendam in cooperation with Sailservice and the Stichting Flying Junior Europeans 1996 under the auspices of the International Flying Junior Organization (IFJO).
- The regatta will be governed by the rules as defined in The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS).
- No national prescriptions will apply.
- RRS Appendix P & T will apply.
- If there is a conflict between languages the English text will take precedence.
- The sailing instructions will consist of the instructions in RRS Appendix S, Standard Sailing Instructions, and supplementary sailing instructions that will be on the official notice board located at the club ship of Watersportvereniging Monnickendam
Boats may be required to display advertising chosen and supplied by the organizing authority. If this rule is broken, World Sailing Regulation 20.9.2 applies.
- Eligibility and entry
- The regatta is open to all boats complying with the class rules of the International FJ Class.
- Entrants must be fully paid members of their National Flying Junior Association and be members of a club affiliated to their National Sailing Organisation. Dutch Helmsmen and Crews should have a ‘wedstrijdlicentie’.
- Eligible boats may enter by filling out the entry form before May 1st 2020 in order to pay the lower entry fee. The final deadline for entering will be June 30th 2020. The entry form will be available online January 1st 2020 on: fjeuropeans2020.org
An entry is valid after the organization receives the entry fee.
- By completing the entry form in writing, through email or through the website, the boat owner and/or the representative agrees to pay the entry fee.
- Late entries will be accepted but will have to pay an increased “late entry“ fee. See 5.2.
- No classification requirements will apply.
- The fee for participating in the International FJ European Championship is € 260 and shall be paid by bank transfer before May 1st 2020. Payment details will be available online from January 1st 2020 on: fjeuropeans2020.org
- The late entry fee is €300, if your entry is received and payed before June 30th 2020, else € 350.
- Entry fees are not refundable.
|Mon.20||Registration, Measurement of boats||09:00 – 12:00 & 13:00 – 17:00|
|Tue.21||Registration, Measurement of boats
|09.00 - 14.00 hrs
Race 2 and 3
|Thu. 23||Race 4
Races 5 and 6
|Fri. 24||Race 7
Races 8 and 9
|Sat. 25||Race 10
Race 11 and 12
Medal race?? Oldies race? Children of Monnickendam race?
Closing ceremony + Party
- Nowarning signal will be given after 18:00 on a racing day (except on Saturday July 25th.)
- No warning signal will be given on Saturday July 25th after 16:00.
- The race committee may decide to change the racing program.
- Each boat shall produce a valid measurement certificate.
- All boats will be measured for compliance with the Class Rules. Measurement will take place at the venue as scheduled in 6.1.
- Any boat and its equipment may be subject to re-measurement or examination at any time.
- Sailing Instructions
- The sailing instructions will be available at registration.
- A preliminary version of the sailing instructions will be available online June 1st 2020 at fjeuropeans2020.org
- The venue will be:
WSV Monnickendam (at Waterland Monnickendam)
1141 GA Monnickendam, the Netherlands
- The races will be sailed on the Gouwzee in front of Monnickendam. The racing area is non-tidal and has fresh water. See attachment A.
- Camping and harbour at Waterland Monnickendam. See attachment A
- There is a substantial area for tents, campers and caravans available at Waterland Monnickendam.
- The facilities at the marina are excellent with ample toilet and shower facility, electricity and washing facility. Every morning fresh bread service and a restaurant on the harbour.
- Camper with breakfast and lunch for 2 persons - Price € 27,50
Tent with breakfast and lunch for 2 persons - Price € 17,50
Additional breakfast and lunch for 1 person - Price € 3,75
Camping fees are to be paid on site at registration
- Please indicate on the entry form when you will arrive. Upon arrival please ask the camping master to be directed to a pitch so we can keep the site organised.
- For general info on other accommodation and for list of hotels and holiday homes see http://www.fjeuropeans2020.org/
- Support boats are welcome at a harbour fee determined by Waterland Monnickendam. Harbour fees are to be paid on site at registration or at arrival in the harbour.
- International Jury
An International Jury will be appointed in accordance with RRS 91.
Decisions of the jury will be final as provided in RRS 70.5
- The courses to be sailed will be of the trapezoid type. See attachment B.
- The approximate course length will be 1 hour.
- Penalties for Breaking Rule 42
12.1 Appendix P will apply as changed by instructions 12.2.
12.2 Rule P2.3 will not apply and rule P2.2 is changed so that it will apply to any penalty after the first one.
- The low point system of Appendix A will apply.
- Four races are required to be completed to constitute a series.
- Excluding scores:
- When fewer than five races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores.
- When from five to nine races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores excluding her worst score.
- When ten or more races have been completed, a boat’s series score will be the total of her race scores excluding her two worst scores.
- Boats shall be kept in their assigned places on the club’s premises.
- Support/Coach Boats:
- Support/coach boats shall register with the Organizing Authority before the first start of Race 1. They will be required to fly their national flag as an identification flag at all times while on the water.
- Radio communication
- Except in an emergency, a boat shall neither make radio transmissions while racing nor receive radio communications not available to all boats. This restriction also applies to mobile telephones.
- The overall winner will be awarded the title “International FJ European Champion 2020” and will win the International FJ European Championship trophy.
- Prizes will be awarded to at least the Skipper and Crew of the overall top three boats.
- Disclaimer of liability
- Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See RRS 4 , Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
- Each participating boat shall be insured with valid third-party liability insurance with a minimum cover of € 1.500.000,- per event or the equivalent.
- A certificate of insurance shall be presented to the organizing authority upon request.
- Photography consent
- By entering the Event competitors accept that they may be photographed and/or
videotaped participating in the race and/or using the Championship facilities and
they consent to the taking of such images and to the use, reuse, publication and
republication od such images in any media, in conjunction with the competitors
name or not, without compensation and without the competitors approval of such
images or any use thereof.
- Further information
- For further information please contact the organizing committee:
Stichting Flying Junior Europeans 1996